8 Easy Houseplants to Care For
A guide for common houseplants
BY: Frisella Nursery
Houseplants are a great way to bring some light and happiness into your everyday life. Many people are afraid to get houseplants because they are worried they are going to kill them. Here is a list of the easiest houseplants to care for…
- Aloe Vera – Used as a moisturizer and to heal minor cuts on the skin, aloe vera is a great plant to keep in your home. They are part of the succulent family so they enjoy bright, indirect light and you only need to water them every 2-3 weeks!
- Christmas Cactus – Part of the cactus family, this plant produces little red or pink flowers in the early winter months. This plant can handle low light but will produce more flowers if placed in bright light. Water every 2-3 weeks!
- Snake Plant (Sansevieria) – Almost impossible to kill, it seems this plant thrives when being neglected. Snake plants can tolerate low light and need very little water.
- Philodendron – Another very popular houseplant that is very easy to care for. Philodendron adapts well to low-light and if you forget to water it a time or two, no worries.
- Zz Plant – Sometimes called the ‘eternity plant’ because they last so long, the Zz Plant is very easy to care for. Place in low to bright light and water every 2 – 3 weeks.
- Hoya – Occasionally a Hoya will bloom clusters of little pink flowers. Place in medium to bright light and let the soil surface dry in between waterings.
- Pothos – Always a crowd favorite because it is almost impossible to kill. It needs little light, so place it in low to bright light and keep the spoil moderately dry.
- Calathea – Perfect for people who live in a place with very few windows or very low light. Avoid placing in direct sunlight, these plants want to be in low light and watered about once per week!
To learn more about Frisella be sure to visit us at our destination home and garden center or give us a call at (636) 798-2555! Check out this article for some more ideas on how to bring more houseplants into your home!