June Gardening/Landscape To-Do’s in MO
By: Frisella Nursery
June is a wonderful time to be outside enjoying your yard and landscape. In Missouri, the weather is warm, and the plants are growing rapidly. There are several things that you can do in your garden and landscape this month to keep it looking its best. Here are some June gardening and/or landscape to-do items for Missouri:
- Watering – As the temperatures rise, it is so important to make sure that your plants are getting enough water. Water your plants deeply in the morning or evening to reduce water loss from evaporation. Make sure to water the soil around the roots, not just the leaves or top of the plants.
- Mulching – Mulching is an essential part of gardening in Missouri. It helps retain moisture, suppress weeds, and moderate soil temperatures. Apply a layer of mulch around your plants to keep them healthy and looking their best. Frisella Nursery offers mulch to purchase as well as mulching services if you would prefer to have us come do it for you!
- Deadheading – Deadheading is the process of removing spent flowers from your plants. This encourages new growth and prolongs the blooming season. Be sure to deadhead your annuals and perennial plants regularly to keep them looking their best.
- Fertilizer – Fertilizing is important to ensure that your plants are getting the nutrients that they need to grow and thrive. At Frisella Nursery we offer a wide variety of fertilizers to meet the needs of your plants. Be sure to follow the instructions carefully and fertilize your plants at the appropriate times. If you have questions please don’t hesitate to ask one of our plant specialists!
- Pruning – Pruning is important to maintain the shape and health of your plants. Remove any dead or diseased branches, and prune back any overgrown branches. Frisella Nursery offers pruning services to keep your plants healthy and looking their best.
- Pest control – Keep an eye out for pests such as aphids, spider mites, and Japanese beetles. Here at Frisella Nursery we offer a variety of pest control products to help you keep your plants healthy and pest-free. If you have questions please feel free to email pictures of your plants or pests to firstname.lastname@example.org and one of our plant specialists can provide you with a plan to help you get rid of the issue.
- Planting – June is a great time to plant annuals, perennials, and vegetables in Missouri. We offer a wide variety of plants that are suited to our climate and soil conditions. Be sure to plant in a location that gets the right amount of sun and shade for the plants you choose. Remember we do offer a warranty on our plants but that warranty can be voided if you plant the plants in a spot where they won’t be successful (for example, shade plants in a sunny spot or full sun plants in a shady spot).
- Lawn care – Keep your lawn looking its best by mowing regularly and watering deeply. Frisella Nursery offers a variety of lawn care products and services to help you achieve a healthy, beautiful lawn!
Frisella Nursery is a full-service garden center and landscape design company that has been serving the St. Louis area for over 70 years. We offer a wide variety of plants, trees, and shrubs as well as landscape services including design, installation, and maintenance. Whether you are a seasoned gardener or just starting out, Frisella Nursery has everything you need to create a beautiful and healthy garden and landscape.
In conclusion, June is a great time to be outside and enjoy your garden and landscape in Missouri. By following these gardening/landscape to-do items, you can keep your plants healthy and looking their best. If you need any assistance or have any questions at all, we are here to help. Visit our website at www.frisellanursery.com or stop by our garden center located in Defiance, MO for expert advice and assistance.